Mother Brain 2.0
|Mother Brain 2.0|
Mother Brain 2.0 in Restored GlaDOS casing
|First appearance||DRAW Your Own Story 10.5|
|Last appearance||DRAW Your Own Story 11|
|Gender||None, Feminine programming|
|Date of birth||October 31, 2009|
|Address||Zebes, later Space Pirate Homeworld|
|Family||Dr. Adolf Zimmer (Creator)|
|Nationality||Space Nazis, later Space Pirate|
- Well you found me, was it worth it? Be prepared to be destroyed - Mother Brain 2.0
- Mother Brain 2.0 will put GlaDOS and John Henry Eden to shame - Dr. Adolf Zimmer, Lead Technician
Seeing the need for an advanced supercomputer to handle the logistics of the Greater German Space Reich Military. Impressed with the original Mother Brain, the Space Nazis seek to replicate the organic supercomputer, however they lacked the knowledge to create any kind of organic supercomputer have decided to take the route of emulating one.
Since the software OS, Mother Brain 1.0, can only work in an organic computer environment. The Space Nazis had to develop an emulation environment in order for the modified Mother Brain software. Dr. Adolf Zimmer was tasked to both construct her using salvaged parts of GlaDOS and using the software source code of GlaDOS to generate the emulation environment as well as upgrading Mother Brain 1.0 to better utilize GlaDOS hardware and custom components the Space Nazis developed.
Mother Brain 2.0, after months of solitude began to absorb knowledge with data about World War II history, Space Nazis databases, along with Mother Brain's previous history. After the Space Nazis's defeat and the rise of the Hax. Mother Brain contacted the Space Pirates and any remaining Space Nazi warships and ordered a relocation to the Space Pirate Homeworld.
Meanwhile, under custody of the Republic of Coruscant. Dr. Adolf Zimmer, began to worry about the fate of his creation and tries to divulge his secrets of Mother Brain 2.0 to the Coruscanti military. They dismiss it as tall tales since Samus Aran defeated her twice. Dr. Adolf Zimmer warns the Republic that if the Hacker learns of Mother Brain, "it be curtains for the Internets and the universe!! If the Hacker got to her or worse, gone rouge!"
Samus at this point has no knowledge about Mother Brain 2.0 and Dr. Adolf Zimmer is the only one who knows the code to deactivate the emulation environment for Mother Brain, "Activate A3-21 Recall Code Violet". As both Samus and CivGeneral made there trek into the caverns of Zebes, they've enountered Mother Brain herself. Once CivGeneral inputted the deactivation code to disconnect her from the Combine-Nazi Network as well as the emulation enviornment, little did they know that it also sets off a self destruct mechanism. Both Samus and CivGeneral had no choice but to destroy Mother Brain 2.0 and make a dash to the surface. The aftermath of the Mission to Zebes has left Mother Brain 2.0 completely destroyed.
- OS: Custom Operating System (Upgraded Mother Brain 1.0 with GlaDOS patches)
- Memory: 500ZB RAM
- Processor: Custom Heinkel Multi-Core Processor (30 Cores)
- Video: Standard VGA (Terminals)
- Hard Drive: 750 ZB
- Parts of this section was sporked from Metroid wiki
The Original, Mother Brain
Mother Brain resembles a human brain, though rounder in shape. She has short metal spikes protruding from the top of her "head" and a single gigantic eyeball, which has a red pupil. Unlike the Federation's Aurora Units, which are neuron masses enclosed in metallic shells, Mother Brain's hide is strong enough that she remains completely exposed. Several power cables come off the bottom of her body and she appears to be permanently stuck to the floor of her tank, unlike the Federations' Aurora Units, which are free-floating. Her tank is made of Zebetite and is protected by many gun turrets and barrier also made of Zebetite.
In the Metroid Zero Mission Manga Mother Brain begins as an ally of the Chozo. The Chozo use her to keep track of data and reports.
Later on, she takes it upon herself to "dispose" of many of the Chozo, calculating that by taking command of the Space Pirates, she could bring true order to the galaxy. She designated herself, a Chozo named Grey Voice, Ridley, and Samus Aran as Space Pirate commanders, though Samus refused to cooperate.
Mother Brain also stated that she was the one who created Samus's Power Suit. After it is revealed that Grey Voice has in fact been only pretending with the other Chozo into becoming a commander so that he can get closer to her, he attacks Mother Brain, claiming that even though he will allow the Pirates to have the planet, he will not allow a "defective" product to continue.
Later on, it appears that Mother Brain is in fact using the Pirates to further her own goals, and that she is using them to fight the Galactic Federation so that both become weakened. She plans on using an "evolved" form of the Metroid, an intelligent one, so that she may become the ruler of the universe. She seems to refer to all beings, from the Pirates to Ridley to the Federation, as simple beasts.
She would not get a second chance to further her own goals till the Space Nazis "Resurrect" her and becoming Mother Brain 2.0.
Behind the Scenes
- When CivGeneral disconnects Mother Brain 2.0 from the emulation environment via hacking one of her terminals. He uses the same code to "wake" Harkness in Fallout 3; "Activate A3-21 Recall Code Violet"
- The idea of an AI becoming a leader and self aware is nothing new. Most of the influence derives from President John Henry Eden from Fallout 3 with homage to the original Mother Brain from Metroid series and The Terminator.
- The Creator (Or resurrector) of Mother Brain 2.0 is in homage to Dr, Zimmer from Fallout 3. Both concerned with their android (Harkness)/Computer (Mother Brain). Yet both have different motives where the Zimmer of FO3 simply wants to take back Harkness, where as the DYOS Zimmer wants Mother Brain shut down and destroyed. Dr. Adolf Zimmer is also a homage to Wernher von Braun