|Locations||Washington, D.C., Earth, various places in the galaxy|
|Notable members||Miranda Rights, Rhiza Kalanin|
- "They are ruthless mercs who take on contracts other mercs won't"
― Three Dog
That's the Earth Division, they're mostly heartless. I should know, I used to work there.
The Talon Company is a mercenary organisation active in several parts of the galaxy, mostly on Earth. Depending on the area, they have little to no ethical concerns about their actions. Their primary interest is doing the job and getting paid, even if it costs the lives of their team.
During the events of DYOS 10.5, Rhiza Kalanin hired their services to raid an Enclave camp on the outskirts of Washington, D.C. so she could gather information on the Enclave.
She later on was working for the company, performing high risk missions that entailed low body counts.
Talon is much like a large-scale corporation, with several different "franchises" or divisions.
Based in the Washington, D.C. area, these mercenaries are hired out to people willing to pay their fees.
The Republic of Coruscant despises the Talon Company, equating them to Blackwater in Iraq. The Storm Commandos harbour something of a private vendetta against the Talons for alleged targeting of "good" people, and the government has instigated a blanket bounty on the entire organisation. Talon contends that it has been slandered by Coruscanti propaganda, the high number of contracts against Coruscanti citizens having been used as an excuse to vilify the company as a whole.
The Necros Division works with controversial scientific experiments, such as turning people into living dead and human testing of dangerous cosmetic products.
They currently own a station somewhere in deep space, away from the prying eyes of several planetary governments and their jurisdiction
Their staff mostly consists of Necromancers and other questionable scientists, as well as a small guard force to help protect the facility from threats inside and out.
Division Leader: Miranda Rights
There are several other divisions to Talon Company, but these have not been revealed yet.
Behind the scenes
- Talon Company in DYOS is a mixture between the Fallout 3 Talon Company and Cerberus in Mass Effect 1 & 2 due to several divisions being less evil than others. However, there isn't an ultimate goal for human advancement, just money.
- CivGeneral despises the Talon Company in Fallout 3 for always popping when his player character is in the wrong place at the wrong time and has positive karma. Though the feeling is starting to pass after starting to play with neutral oriented player characters like Kaede.
- The Talon Company's ruthlessness is related to bounty hunters in Star Wars (e.g. Boba Fett, etc), although operates more like the Space Pirates with a centralized command structure.
- Republic intelligence speculation